Local Hop and IPCR

Kyung-An Han khan at bcm.tmc.edu
Tue Oct 6 14:55:19 EST 1998

Hi fly people,

I want to mobilize a plArB(ry+) element 30 Kb away from its original
insertion site.  I am planning to use IPCR as a screening method.  Before
i set up the experiment, i hope to have some ideas about a hopping
frequency and a success rate of IPCR.  Would you please share your
experience on this?  Although P-factor mobilization is sensitive to its
insertion site and the nature of P-elements, it would be quite helpful to
have some stats in hands.

I greatly appreciate your input.  Hope to hear many responses.

K.