beta-gal Ab

J. Rinehart rinehart at eou.edu
Fri Oct 23 07:07:23 EST 1998

Kathleen Gajewski wrote:

> Does anyone know of any commercially available antibody to
> beta-galactosidase that was NOT raised in mice?
>
>                                 Thanks
>                                 Kathleen Gajewski
Hi Kathleen:

There is a polyclonal from Sigma that was raised in rabbit; I have tried
it, and in my hands it did not work very well, certainly not as well as
the monoclonals raised in mice that I have tried. My best results have
come from a Promega anti beta-gal antibody, but alas, that too is a
monoclonal raised in mice. Anyway, you could try the Sigma antibody;
maybe it would work better for you.

J. Rinehart
Eastern Oregon University