background

Kathleen Gajewski sa08383 at ODIN.MDACC.TMC.EDU
Mon Oct 26 20:03:23 EST 1998

One more question for all the Flypeople:
	I have just started playing with fluorescent tagged secondary
antibodies (Texas Red), and although I can see the expected staining
pattern, I'm getting some background.  I would like to double stain with
FITC, but I'm afraid the red background would screw up my results.  What
I need to know from those of you who regularly do red/green double
staining is, how do you knock down the background?  I've tried a more
complex blocking solution and preadsorbing the secondary Ab against fixed
embryos, but I'm having no success.  Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

					Thanks again,
					Kathleen Gajewski