lab tech job available

Garth Patterson patterson at WAKSMAN.RUTGERS.EDU
Tue Oct 27 17:18:16 EST 1998

position available.

I am looking for a technician to assist with my genetic and molecular
biological analysis of C. elegans development and signal transduction.
  I study the role of a TGF-beta-related pathway in larval development.
 For more information about what I do, see Patterson et al., in Genes
and Development, 1997, 11:2679 and Ogg et al. in Nature, 1997, 389:994,
or see a description of my research plans at
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~rmkrug/Professors/patterson.html.

The position requires a bachelors degree and laboratory experience.
The exact nature of the position will depend on the skills of the
person hired, but I hope to find someone to perform some of the
following:  C. elegans strain construction and phenotype analysis, PCR,
cloning, RNA preparation and gene expression analysis,  microinjection
of worms for transformation, and gene mapping. Ability to work
independently to implement and troubleshoot techniques and experiments
are pluses.  Ability to maintain computers and web pages is a plus.
This position will pay a competitive salary commensurate with skills
and experience

Rutgers has a strong and growing group of C. elegans and Drosophila
labs.  We are located in Piscataway, NJ, close to NYC, for those of you
who value big city ambiance, but costs are reasonable and living is
easy.

Please send a CV/resume including the names and information for
contacting three referees to:

Garth Patterson

Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry

679 Hoes Lane

Piscataway, NJ 08855

Phone: 732-235-5331

Fax: 732-235-4880

e-mail:  patterson at mbcl.rutgers.edu

After November 6, my phone number will change, but fax, e-mail and
regular mail will be the same.  E-mail is the best way to contact me.