how to identify the target gene of a transcription factor

Claire Ren claire13 at MY-DEJANEWS.COM
Tue Sep 1 23:41:53 EST 1998

Hello, everybody,

I am a greenhand in Drosophila researches.  I am now preparing a proposal for my Ph.D qualifying exam.  My plan include the identification of the target genes of a proposed transcription factor in Drosophila.  I understand fly genetics is an extremely developed area and am wondering if there is a way I can do the job using genetic approaches.  Anybody has any suggestions?  Other ideas would also be appreciated.  Thank you all for your attention.  And bow in gratitude to those of you who will bother to reply me.

cheers,
Claire

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/  Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums