Courtship Behavior Rating

Brian Ring bring at FREENET.TLH.FL.US
Tue Sep 8 22:36:11 EST 1998

	I think this topic was defined in the "super-male" study by
evolutionist in Hawaii a few years ago. A real good control would be to
extract the chemical (hormone/phermone) from this isolated species
(isolated by untouched volcanic regions) at least for a pilot screen. The
courtship behavior was really coooool...the males extended their abdomens
over their thorax to present the responsive females a tasty chemical (that
was the hypothesis). Apparently, only super-males could mate (probably a
recessive allele) and females would deny all others. If you could define
this at the molecular or biochemical level, you would save the geneticist
a lot of time collecting automated virgin
	Well, good luck,

Brian Ring @ the bio zoo
Dept.of Biology
Bio Unit 1