Help with project!

Randy Chan rachan at ucalgary.ca
Tue Sep 15 19:18:32 EST 1998

Hi there, i'm a 2nd year UofC student, and this is my first time doing the
fruit fly experiment.  I'm havning problems dertermining a few things.  We
have to see what are some of the mutants in the uknown fly sample.  In our
case we are just doing eye color, wing, and bristles.  I've determined my
uknonw to have orange eyes, bent wings, and I am unsure of the bristle
part.  Is there any suggestions on how to tell if the bristles are
stubbish, fork or long shape?

Also, I read that the phenotype of the fly can be different for younger
flys compared to adults flies, is this true?  And does that mean that i
have to check every few days to make sure the phenotype is the same?
Thanks.
Randy.

		       		   * * *
		       		  *  * *  *