study of a region

Kathleen Gajewski sa08383 at ODIN.MDACC.TMC.EDU
Wed Sep 16 12:22:59 EST 1998

Well, I can answer the first question regarding cosmids: yes it can be
done, but it's not very efficient.  I have successfully transformed with
2 clones from John Tamkum's NotBamNot-CoSpeR library, and the inserts ran
about 40 kb.  If you do inject cosmids, be prepared for difficulties.
The needles have a greater tendency to clog, and you must be prepared to
set up several hundred (at least!) G zero matings.  And this is assuming
that someone experienced is doing the injecting.