Help with project!

Chris Jones & Deirdre Sumpter 4christopher.jones at nashville.com
Thu Sep 17 00:58:52 EST 1998

In article <6tn04r$hvs at ds2.acs.ucalgary.ca>, Randy Chan
<rachan at ucalgary.ca> wrote:

> part.  Is there any suggestions on how to tell if the bristles are
> stubbish, fork or long shape?

Ask to look at other students' mutants for comparison. Don't you have
wild-type flies as a control, so that you have some reference for what
normal bristles look like?

> Also, I read that the phenotype of the fly can be different for younger
> flys compared to adults flies, is this true?  And does that mean that i
> have to check every few days to make sure the phenotype is the same?

Some phenotypes differ, some don't (I'm assuming you mean young adults vs.
mature adults). If you look at your flies when they're young and then
again when they're older, do you see a difference?

Have you asked your professor or TAs about this?

Chris Jones

--
To reply, please remove the initial digit from our address.
Make the world a better place: shoot a spammer today!