Help with project!

Signorelli sgnrlli at MACATAWA.ORG
Thu Sep 17 14:11:58 EST 1998

Randy just wanted to add my 2 cents about bristle phenotypes in regards to
age.  Older flies can lose bristles or knock off chunks of them.  A fly that
is stubby or forked is really easy to tell when young and can be harder to
score when older.  Be sure to knock out some wild type flies for comparision.
If you have the wildtypes  right next to the mutants, I don't think you can be
confused.
  And though you did not mention it, eye color can be harder to score as the
fly gets older too.  I am not sure why that is but colors like scarlet and
purple are less obvious on an old fly.  Huge color variations like orange and
white are a cinch to score in any fly.

good luck, Denise