aristaless;thread stock

Becky Talyn Becky_Talyn at umit.maine.edu
Mon Mar 8 17:32:31 EST 1999

I am looking for the original stock with the aristaless;thread double
mutant, or at least one that has been around for a while.  I understand
that the people who made the original cross no longer work on
Drosophila.  I thought I remember seeing that a group at CalTech were
using this double mutant, but can not find the reference or any mention
of it on the Cal Tech web site.  I also couldn't find anything about it
on flybase.  I am interested in using al;th to study the evolution and
function of courtship song.
Please send me any information you have about who might have this stock
or how I can find it.
Thanks,
Becky Talyn