New female sterile stocks at Bloomington

Kevin Cook kcook at bio.indiana.edu
Sat Mar 20 11:04:40 EST 1999

New Female Sterile Stocks at the Bloomington Drosophila Stock Center

Trudi Schupbach has generously donated stocks from her collection of second
chromosome female sterile mutations. We now have representative alleles of
106 complementation groups. The screens that generated these stocks are
described in:

Schupbach and Wieschaus (1989)  Female sterile mutations on the second
chromosome of Drosophila melanogaster.  I.  Maternal effect mutations.
Genetics 121: 101-117.

Schupbach and Wieschaus (1991)  Female sterile mutations on the second
chromosome of Drosophila melanogaster.  II.  Mutations blocking oogenesis
or altering egg morphology.  Genetics 129: 1119-1136.

The following is a list of the mutations and their Bloomington stock numbers:

aub[QC42]	4968
bgcn[QS2]	4991
bie[RO64]	4969
blc[WE]	4970
bot[QI]	4971
cact[RN48]	5013
capu[1]	5094
cha[HB]	4972
clo[1]		4973
cort[QW55]	4974
crib[HD]	4975
crpe[PZ3]	4976
cuff[3]		4977
cup[1]		4978
del[3]		4979
drg[1]		4980
eay[1]		4981
frh[RO]	4982
fs(2)51Fa[PA77]	4983
fs(2)51Fb[QL46]	4984
fs(2)abc[PL63]		4985
fs(2)eo1[PV30]	4986
fs(2)eo3[RV64]	4988
fs(2)eo4[PB6]		4989
fs(2)eo5[WP19]	4990
fs(2)eo7[PP22]	4992
fs(2)lto1[1]	4993
fs(2)lto2[1]	4994
fs(2)lto3[1]	4995
fs(2)lto4[1]	4996
fs(2)lto5[DF6]	4997
fs(2)ltoAHE1[AHE1]	4998
fs(2)ltoAHK35[AHK35]	4999
fs(2)ltoAPV63[APV63]	5000
fs(2)ltoDC37[DC37]	5001
fs(2)ltoDG25[1]	5002
fs(2)ltoHC44[HC44]	5003
fs(2)ltoHE41[HE41]	5004
fs(2)ltoHL22[HL22]	5005
fs(2)ltoHM11[HM11]	5006
fs(2)ltoPI23[1]		5007
fs(2)ltoQE45[QE45]	5008
fs(2)ltoQZ47[QZ47]	5009
fs(2)ltoRG3[RG3]	5010
fs(2)ltoRM7[RM7]	5012
fs(2)ltoRN73[RN73]	5014
fs(2)ltoRU26[RU26]	5015
fs(2)ltoRV64[RV64]	5016
fs(2)ltoWi42[Wi42]	5017
gou[RI33]		5019
grau[QQ36]		5018
hal[DB48]		5092
l(2)54[mat(2)ea-E-1]	5034
luc[QG64]		5020
mat(2)cell-B[1]	5021
mat(2)cell-C[1]	5022
mat(2)cell-D[1]	5023
mat(2)cell-E[1]	5024
mat(2)cell-F[1]		5093
mat(2)cell-G[1]	5025
mat(2)cell-I[1]		5026
mat(2)cell-J[1]		5027
mat(2)cell-K[1]	5028
mat(2)cell-L[1]		5029
mat(2)ea-A[1]		5030
mat(2)ea-B[1]		5031
mat(2)ea-C[1]		5032
mat(2)ea-D[1]		5033
mat(2)ea-F[1]		5035
mat(2)ea-H[1]		5036
mat(2)N[1]		5037
mat(2)syn-B[1]	5038
mat(2)syn-C[1]	5039
mat(2)syn-D[1]	5040
mat(2)syn-E[1]	5041
mat(2)syn-G[1]	5042
mat(2)syn-H[1]	5043
mat(2)syn-I[1]		5044
mdy[QX25]	5095
misp[1]	5096
mln[PP41]	5097
okr[1]		5098
prat[PD]	5099
pre[1]		5100
qui[1]		5101
rags[1]	5102
ray[QN54]	5103
rem[1]	5104
reti[1]		5105
retn[RO44]	5106
rubb[1]	5107
sat[SC46]	5108
shu[2]		5109
shy[RU]	5110
sie[1]		5111
slip[1]		5112
spir[1]		5113
squ[PP32]	5114
stl[1]		5115
stop[1]	5116
sub[1]		5117
tj[PL3]	4987
vas[RJ36]	5011
Vm26Ab[QJ42]	5118
war[RU10]	5119
zuc[RS49]	5120

Kevin Cook, Ph.D.		Bloomington Drosophila Stock Center
Department of Biology		kcook at bio.indiana.edu
Jordan Hall 142		812-855-5782
Indiana University		812-855-2577 (fax)
1001 E. Third St.