Behavior of flys

Robert M. Mihalek mihalek at
Tue May 18 07:57:36 EST 1999

In article <19990517200724.20838.00002119 at>
bustarhmes at (BustaRhmes) writes:

> will males show courtship when they are isolated with other males......???
> please email me at bustarhmes at if you have information

Dear Busta Rhymes,

Only if the males have just eclosed. If two mature males are placed
together, I'm pretty sure they won't show courtship. However, a mature
male will court a newly eclosed fly of either sex.

To be sure, you want to check some old publications from Jeff Hall.
Maybe as far back as an early 1980's review.

Are you going to incorporate some fruit fly courtship into some new

please remove the name of the RACE SERIES for e-mail replies
"I have neither been there nor done that." Bart Simpson