Fly genome done?

Robert M. Mihalek mihalek at FORMULA1.smtp.anes.upmc.edu
Wed Nov 24 13:46:03 EST 1999

Any news on when the Drosophila genome produced by Celera will be
assembled and released to the public? (I realize that it is "sequenced"
but that the shotgun sequences need to be assembled.)

please remove the name of the RACE SERIES for e-mail replies
"They came to our village a year ago and were looking only for
men with guns. A lot of people didn't believe they would kill
the women and children." Hamdi Fazliu - Kosovo High School
The Boston Globe July 4, 1999