Fly genome done?

Arthur Wohlwill U55850 at uic.edu
Wed Nov 24 13:36:52 EST 1999

In article <81hbpb$djq$1 at usenet01.srv.cis.pitt.edu> mihalek at FORMULA1.smtp.anes.upmc.edu (Robert M. Mihalek) writes:
>From: mihalek at FORMULA1.smtp.anes.upmc.edu (Robert M. Mihalek)
>Subject: Fly genome done?
>Date: 24 Nov 1999 18:46:03 GMT

>Any news on when the Drosophila genome produced by Celera will be
>assembled and released to the public? (I realize that it is "sequenced"
>but that the shotgun sequences need to be assembled.)

>Bob Mihalek=================================================
>please remove the name of the RACE SERIES for e-mail replies
>"They came to our village a year ago and were looking only for
>men with guns. A lot of people didn't believe they would kill
>the women and children." Hamdi Fazliu - Kosovo High School
>The Boston Globe July 4, 1999

Some is already available.  If you have a sequence, you can search blast (at
BDGP or NIH)and possibly hit genomic data from Celera.  I dont think they have
a site that you can search by region yet.  The Celera sequences that I have
seen are in the range of 10-25K.

Arthur Wohlwill adwohlwi at UIC.EDU