about the phenotypeb of homozygote of CyO

Chris Jones & Deirdre Sumpter 4christopher.jones at nashville.com
Wed Oct 6 20:47:08 EST 1999

In article <37FB7568.55F7 at acsu.buffalo.edu>, free at acsu.buffalo.edu wrote:

> Hello,(my email:ginger_1974 at yahoo.com)
>    I am a graduate student of SUNY at Buffalo.The strain i am gonna use
> in my research project has a lethal mutation on one chromosome and CyO
> on the other,so the homozygote of both will be lethal.I need to know at
> which stage the homozygote of the lethal mutation is dying.But first of
> all,i have to separate the two lethals(homozygote of CyO and homozygote
> of the lethal mutation).Otherwise I can not tell which lethal embryo is
> my lethal mutation.I have looked all the references but got nothing
> back.Can someone tell me where to look for information like this?Thanks
> a lot for the help.
>     ginger

Ginger --

If your animals are dying at two different stages, simply determine which
are CyO homozygotes by looking at the dead animals from a CyO/+
self-cross.

If all embryos are dying at the same stage it doesn't matter which are
which, you don't need to distinguish CyO/CyO from lethal/lethal.

Chris Jones

--
To reply, please remove the initial digit from our address.
Make the world a better place: shoot a spammer today!