PLEASE HELP

Carter Fields cfields at ucla.edu
Mon Apr 3 21:31:23 EST 2000

Sounds to me like you have some rotting garbage somewhere that you don't know
of.  Fruitflies prefer to (although I can't go so far as to say they NEED) eat
rotting fruit for survival.  If you don't have such a source in your house or
nearby, they shouldn't propogate.  Adult flies only last about 4-6 weeks max.,
so there is obviously a source of food for them if you have them longer than 6
weeks.  Only thing I can suggest is to make sure you have eliminated all
exposed food (new or rotting) from your house (or cover it up), and then maybe
plant some "traps":  open bottles with vinegar or grapejuice.  The flies will
seek the nice smell but will drown in the liquid.

Good luck,
Carter

Todd & Julia Von Ehwegen wrote:

> I cannot find anywhere how to get rid of fruitflies.  They have invaded my
> house and I can't get rid of them.  They are in all the rooms, especially
> the kitchen!  What should I do?

Carter Fields
UCLA Molecular Biology Institute
Los Angeles, CA
cfields at ucla.edu

Get FREE DSL service by just signing up! :
http://i.winfire.com/s/isapiEng.dll/wf.exe?cmd=rl&452,20035930&wf.exe