bionet.drosophila is now a moderated newsgroup

Kevin Cook kcook at bio.indiana.edu
Tue Apr 11 10:30:21 EST 2000

Dear fly people--

As all of you who have been reading this newsgroup know, it has been
cluttered with unwanted messages for a long time.  A lot of people no
longer read it because of all the spam.  In an effort to revitalize the
newsgroup, the Bloomington Drosophila Stock Center has agreed to moderate
the newsgroup.  I will be the primary gatekeeper and Kathy Matthews or Thom
Kaufman will fill in when I am away.  We hope this change will result in
many of you participating in more discussions.

Please send messages for posting to:

dros at net.bio.net

Many thanks to Geoff Gibbs and Alan Bleasby of the Human Genome Mapping
Project-Resource Centre in Cambridge who administer bionet and arranged for
this newsgroup to be moderated, and to Don Gilbert of Indiana
University/FlyBase who helped with things at this end.

Kevin Cook
Kevin Cook, Ph.D.		Bloomington Drosophila Stock Center
Department of Biology		http://flystocks.bio.indiana.edu
Jordan Hall 142
Indiana University		812-855-5782
1001 E. Third St.		812-855-2577 (fax)