Microscope mounting medium?

TR Barrette TRBarret at umich.edu
Fri Feb 4 14:55:26 EST 2000

Does anyone know if there is a better or best medium to use for microscopy of
embryos?  We've tried glycerol and Permount.  I'm getting too much scattering
because of the thickness and curvature of the embryos at maginfications of
200x.  I'm using a 20x planar objective.

Is there a good way to increase the crispness of these thick embryos?  I've been
adjusting the condenser and light levels but I'm still not happy with the
images.  Is software the only way to tighten the apparent focus?

Thanks for your replies,
TR