[bio.dros] Electrophoresis Equipment

shuji hanai shanai at md.tsukuba.ac.jp
Thu Jan 6 16:26:25 EST 2000

Mupid system may be useful.
Cheap (It may be less than $400-, including power unit with timer and gel maker), and compact (199(W)×75(H)×137(L)mm).
Gel size are
 110(W) x 100(L) (this type is not shown in HP)
 105 x 60
 55 x 60.
There are many comb types.
 Exanples are12 well (~20 microL) and 24 well (~8 microL) for 11 cm x 10 cm plate.
Now, "i-Mupid" is available in addition to shown in HP. It correspond to various voltage in the world.

Cosmo bio, inc. deals it and have agencies in the world. I have some collabolation with them and I can ask them to contact you.

At  2:48 PM 00.1.6 +0000, James Mohler wrote:
>Over the years, we standardized our undergraduate courses (as well as the
>research labs) with IBI gel electrophoresis systems.  Since Kodak bought
>IBI and has since abandoned the electrophoresis business, we no longer have
>a source for the IBI/Kodak boxes for replacement.
>Does anyone know of a compatable horizontal gel system to the IBI/Kodak
>horizontal gels?  I am specifically after the MPH gel system with 10 cm
>wide (and 14 or 15 cm long) gel beds, that use 16 4mm (30ul) well combs.
Shuji Hanai   Ph. D.
Research Fellow of Japan Society for the Promotion Science
Dept. of Biochem. Inst. of Basic Med. Sci. Univ. of Tsukuba
1-1-1, Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8575, Japan
Phone; +81 298 53 3272, FAX; +81 298 53 3271
shanai at md.tsukuba.ac.jp