[bio.dros] Electrophoresis Equipment

shuji hanai shanai at md.tsukuba.ac.jp
Thu Jan 6 16:26:25 EST 2000

Mupid system may be useful.
  http://www.advance.co.jp/mupid/index-e.html
Cheap (It may be less than $400-, including power unit with timer and gel maker), and compact (199(W)×75(H)×137(L)mm).
Gel size are
 110(W) x 100(L) (this type is not shown in HP)
 105 x 60
 55 x 60.
There are many comb types.
 Exanples are12 well (~20 microL) and 24 well (~8 microL) for 11 cm x 10 cm plate.
Now, "i-Mupid" is available in addition to shown in HP. It correspond to various voltage in the world.

Cosmo bio, inc. deals it and have agencies in the world. I have some collabolation with them and I can ask them to contact you.

At  2:48 PM 00.1.6 +0000, James Mohler wrote:
>Over the years, we standardized our undergraduate courses (as well as the
>research labs) with IBI gel electrophoresis systems.  Since Kodak bought
>IBI and has since abandoned the electrophoresis business, we no longer have
>a source for the IBI/Kodak boxes for replacement.
>
>Does anyone know of a compatable horizontal gel system to the IBI/Kodak
>horizontal gels?  I am specifically after the MPH gel system with 10 cm
>wide (and 14 or 15 cm long) gel beds, that use 16 4mm (30ul) well combs.
>
>Thanks.
>

>---
Shuji Hanai   Ph. D.
Research Fellow of Japan Society for the Promotion Science
Dept. of Biochem. Inst. of Basic Med. Sci. Univ. of Tsukuba
1-1-1, Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8575, Japan
Phone; +81 298 53 3272, FAX; +81 298 53 3271
shanai at md.tsukuba.ac.jp

---