Fly Vectors and SAGE

Carlos Ribeiro carlos.ribeiro at unibas.ch
Mon Jan 17 12:14:09 EST 2000

Hello,

Has anyone created Drosophila transformation vectors which carry GFP as
a reporter to use for analyzing enhancer fragments? Has anyone maybe
even vectors containing different flavours of GFP or other fluorescent
proteins?

Are you aware of a similar Drosophila system as the Gateway system from
Life Technologies? Do you think there would be an interest for it?
Couldn't the community organize to design such a system and create the
tools it in a common effort? I think that the advantages would be worth
it.

I have an other question:

Are you awayre of anyone in the fly community performing a SAGE (Serial
Analysis of Gene Expression) experiment? I would be interested in your
experiences and comments.

Sincerely,

Carlos Ribeiro, Biozentrum of the University of Basel