Eye Color

Painted Tears paintedtears at aol.com
Thu Mar 2 22:56:41 EST 2000

Dear all,

I am a high school student just beginning to study D. melanogaster.  After
completing a lab in my biology course, I was granted permission by the
instructor to continue with the organisms in an independent study.

I am studying eye color, primarily the white (w) and sepia (se) mutations on a
very basic level.  Could anyone explain (on very simple terms) what kind of
interaction would go on with the genes if an individual was homozygous for both
and what the resulting phenotype would be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.
--PaintedTears at aol.com