TSRI employment opportunity

Melissa Evans mevans at scripps.edu
Wed Mar 8 12:26:28 EST 2000

The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI) is the largest private non-profit
biomedical research facility in the world.  TSRI is located in La Jolla
(near San Diego) California.  We currently have the following position
available:

RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Duties & Responsibilities:  Maintain lab Drosophila stocks; Drosophila
husbandry; Drosophila injections; assist in ongoing genetic screens;
plasmid preparation; DNA/RNA isolations, assays, transformation &
sequencing; restriction mapping; PCR; southern, northern & western
blotting; agarose gel electrophoresis; PAGE; bacterial culture; media
preparation; transgenic lines.

Requires:  A Bachelor's degree in Biology or a Biological Science or
related discipline; 1-3 years of experience working with Drosophila, in
particular on basic fly husbandry and injections.

For more information about The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI), this
position or other available positions please visit our website at
www.scripps.edu

For immediate consideration please email resume to: resumes at scripps.edu or
send to:  TSRI, 10550 N. Torrey Pines Rd., TPC11, La Jolla, CA  92037.
Fax: 858-784-8071.  Please reference bionet on cover letter.  EOE M/F/V/D

---