Fly BCL-2/CED-9 protein was found in silico, who is interested in it?

xt xietao at sunm.shcnc.ac.cn
Thu Mar 16 21:06:07 EST 2000

============Sorry for possible duplications!===========
Dear Colleagues,

We know that CED-3/4/9 play essential roles in apoptosis
of C. elegans. Homologues of CED-3 and CED-4 were
recently found in Drosophila. We just identified a new
gene, which encodes a drosophila homologue of C. elegans
CED-9 and mammalian BCL-2 using a series of bioinformatic
tools.

Now, the report is ready, we hope some one can clone this
gene and study its function in experiments. If some group
are interested in this gene, please contact me.

Tao Xie
Bioinformatics & Protein Engineering Lab.
320# Yue Yang Road, Shanghai, P. R. China, 200031
Shanghai Institute of Biochemistry
Chinese Academy of Sciences
Telephone: (86)-(21)-64374430 ext 255
Fax:       (86)-(21)-64338357