Inversion(s) on 2R

John Ringo ringo at umesci.maine.edu
Sun Oct 22 14:05:42 EST 2000

I am looking for In(2R)PS20, discovered by Paik Sung, and obtained from a
wild population in Korea.  The inversion has no known markers.  It was
re-examined by Yutaka Inoue & Y. Igarashi (1994, Jap. J. Genet. 69:105).
Does anyone have a strain with this inversion?  I cannot find an email
address for Dr. Yutaka Inoue; does anyone have his email address?

Alternatively, another inversion like this one would also be good.  If you
have a strain with an non-cinnabar inversion whose right breakpoint is more
distal than 60E5 and whose left breakpoint is left of 43E, please contact
me.  [E.g., Carpenter's In(2LR)ME5 is described in FlyBase, but is not held
by the BL center.]  By the way, autosynaptic elements are not useful to me.
Thanks, John Ringo
Dept. of Biological Sciences
University of Maine
Orono, Maine 04401