microinjection setup

Lauren Yaich yaich at imap.pitt.edu
Tue Sep 12 15:04:53 EST 2000

Hello!
      I am in the process of trying to put together a microinjection
set-up for making transgenic flies. I would appreciate any tips on
particular companies to contact (or to avoid!) to purchase a
micromanipulator, air table, needle puller, and picospritzer. Money is
definitely a limiting factor, so if anyone knows of equipment that is
especially cheap (but effective), I'd be very appreciative to hear about
those. Also, I've used an inverted scope in the past, but would like to
switch to an upright scope that we already have available (as opposed to
purchasing a new inverted scope). Has anyone tried this and was it a
major problem?
                                                        Thank you for
your time,
                                                                Lauren