(NONE)

J. Dorman jdorman at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 19 09:32:31 EST 2000

Do you know whether there exists a strain in which flp-mediated excision
of a stop codon upstream of GFP causes the direct production of GFP-marked
clones?

That is, I'm looking for a strain analagous to the Act>CD2>Gal4 strain
[Pignoni and Zipursky, Development 124 (2) 1997] but directly driving GFP
(instead of driving GAL4 which in turn drives UAS-GFP, as the Zipursky
strain does).

I want to generate GFP-marked clones in flies in which I'm using GAL4 to
drive another reporter ubiquitously, so I can't also use GAL4 to generate
the clones.

If you know of such a strain, in which flpout leads to direct expression
of either cytoplasmic or nuclear GFP, please let me know!

Thanks very much,
Jennie Dorman
jdorman at u.washington.edu

Berg Lab