Postdoctoral Position-Evolutionary Genetics

Kimberly Hughes Kimberly.Hughes at asu.edu
Mon Sep 25 09:44:52 EST 2000

Post-doctoral Research Position—Evolutionary Genetics

I anticipate having funding for a postdoctoral research associate
beginning in the Spring of 2001.  The position will be funded through
the School of Integrative Biology at the University of Illinois,
Urbana/Champaign, where I will be moving in January.  I am looking for a
researcher with experience in both classical and molecular-genetic
approaches using the Drosophila model system, who also has interests in
evolutionary biology.  The research project will involve studies of
Drosophila life-history traits using quantitative-genetic, qtl mapping,
and microarray techniques.  Prior experience in one or more of these
techniques is preferred.  A description of the ongoing research projects
and recent publications from my lab can be found at:
http://www.west.asu.edu/hughes/Pages/pubs.htm

If you are interested in this position, please forward a C.V., a
statement of research interests, and the names and contact information
of three individuals who could provide letters of recommendation.
Please forward this information (by Sept 30, 2000) to my current mailing
address:  Kim Hughes, Department of Life Sciences, Arizona State
University, West Campus MC 2352, P.O. Box 37100, Phoenix, AZ 85069.
Street Address (for non-US Mail deliveries):  4701 W. Thunderbird Road,
Glendale AZ, 85306.

---