Seeking a postdoctoral associate

Mark Brown mbrown at bugs.ent.uga.edu
Mon Apr 2 20:42:32 EST 2001

OPEN POSITION FOR A POSTDOCTORAL ASSOCIATE
Seeking a highly motivated individual to investigate peptidergic
endocrine systems in mosquitoes that regulate processes associated
with reproduction.  We are characterizing developmental expression and
signal transduction of steroidogenic gonadotropins, insulins, and
other peptides identified by our laboratory--see web page for a
synopsis of the research program:
http://entomology.ent.uga.edu/People/athensfaculty/brown/brown.html
Must have extensive experience with molecular techniques and
interested in developing receptor-ligand binding assays.
Start immediately; salary negotiable based on experience.  This
position will be funded for up to 5 years by a NIH grant.  In
addition, a successful associate can be promoted to the research
scientist level (non-tenured) to develop an independently funded
research program, if desired.
Please contact:
Mark R. Brown
Department of Entomology