Beta-Galactosidase/lacZ Staining

Jesus Torres jtorresv at ea.oac.uci.edu
Thu Apr 19 15:13:37 EST 2001

Hi,

	I am looking for protocols to stain larval imaginal discs
expressing nuclear Beta-Galactosidase (lacZ) reporter, either by
antibody staining or by activity staining.

	I have done this in the past using reporters which were
strong expressors, however I have some transgenes that drive weak
expression, and I have not been able to visualize them succesfully.

	If you have any protocol for this, I would really appreciate
if you share it with me, specially if you have any suggestions about
particular reagents, fixatives or buffers that seem to be critical in
your hands.

	I appreciate your help.

	Best,

--