postdoctoral positions

Ulrich Tepass utepass at zoo.utoronto.ca
Mon Feb 12 17:30:46 EST 2001

Postdoctoral Positions in Epithelial Cell Polarity and Cadherin Biology.

Two postdoctoral positions are available for (a) the study of the
mechanisms of epithelial
cell polarity and (b) the analysis of cadherin function in animal
morphogenesis using
Drosophila as a model organism. The positions are available immediately but
would be
kept open if an appropriate candidate wishes to join the lab at a later
point in time.
Preferably, the candidate would have substantial background in molecular
biology or
biochemistry. Experience with Drosophila genetics is helpful but not essential.

Toronto offers an exciting scientific and cultural environment, with a
large and interactive
life sciences research community. Our laboratory currently includes four
graduate students
and three technicians. In addition, there are currently  nine other
Drosophila laboratories at
the University of Toronto (G. Boulianne, H. Krause, H. Lipshitz, D. Godt,
A. Manoukian,
E. Larsen, T. Westwood, G. Smibert, M. Sokolovski). Together our research
covers
transcriptional control, intracellular RNA localization, behavior,
cell-cell signaling,
chaperones and stress responses, morphogenesis, neural development, epithelial
differentiation, organogenesis, and gene evolution. We meet bi-weekly for a
joint lab
meeting and form an active, collegial community. Furthermore, a program in
developmental
biology exists on campus that comprises more than 30 research groups
working on mice,
frogs, and C. elegans in addition to Drosophila, and holds monthly
meetings. Our research
community attracts many international speakers.

For further information contact
Ulrich Tepass (utepass at zoo.utoronto.ca)
or see http://www.zoo.utoronto.ca/utepass/tepasshome.html.

__________________________