Could not get transformants - help

Sri srikanth951124 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 8 08:17:45 EST 2001

Hi !

My name is Srikanth. I am a PhD student in India,
working on drosophila. I have hit a wall, and was
hoping that you might be able to help me.

The problem that I am facing now is that I am unable
to get a transformant - I have checked the protocol -
I have verified the plasmid fidility - I have done the
procedure in front of my boss - But still I don't seem
to be making any progress.

The thinking is that a protocol simply cannot cease to
function. If we are not getting results, then
something is not working - The question is - what is
the most effective manner of fault finding?

Thanks in advance.
Wish you a happy new year.
Srikanth

=====
"Reality is rationalisation for the discrepency between what you know and what you are seeing."