FlyBase Harvard - Senior Programmer Analyst

William Gelbart gelbart at
Thu Jul 12 08:42:32 EST 2001

 Senior Programmer Analyst - FlyBase - Harvard University

 FlyBase is one of the premier biological databases, focusing on the
 genome of the fruit fly, Drosophila.   Our group has been a leader in
 organizing and presenting genomic and genetic information to the
 research community.  FlyBase is a collaboration of ~30 computer
 scientists and biologists distributed at four sites world-wide.

 We are looking for a highly qualified computer scientist to take a
 leadership position in the FlyBase genome database  group at the
 University Biological Laboratories.  The successful candidate will
 collaborate in developing and maintaining database and gui applications

 for internal and public research use, and in developing analytical
 for the investigation of these datasets.

 Minimum Requirements: A solid background in database programming,
 specifically in the context of scientific data (biological data
 At least three years experience working with RDBMS/SQL in a production
 setting.   Experience with perl and C in a UNIX environment is
 A working knowledge of JAVA would be useful.  The ideal candidate will
 an established background in biological database programming and will
 competent to assume a leadership position within our group in the
 of data modelling, data integration, and dataflow management.

 Send resumes to David Emmert:
 emmert at