imaginal disc in situs

Helen White-Cooper helen.white-cooper at zoology.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Jun 20 13:37:31 EST 2001

We also get round the problem of tissue loss by doing all the steps after the
second fixation in baskets.  these are tissue culture inserts (falcon) with 8
micron mesh at the bottom that sit in 24 well tissue culture plates.  You put
solutions into the basket, and take them out from the well.

To get round the background problem incubate in antibody overnight, 4 degree
rather than room temp 2hrs.  This means you can also increse the number and
total time of the washes in hyb buffer, and is great for reducing background in
testes.  I do at least 6 washes, at least 3hrs total in hyb buffer (ie >6x30
min washes).

good luck

Helen