Research positions in insect immunity

Tony Ip Tony.Ip at umassmed.edu
Tue Nov 27 17:12:51 EST 2001

I am seeking postdoctoral fellows, or more junior or senior levels
whichever appropriate, to study molecular, biochemical, and genetic
aspects of Drosophila innate immune response in my laboratory.  We are
currently focusing on dissecting the various Toll-NF-kB signaling
pathways in regulating immunity gene expression.  Our genetic screens
and DNA microarray assays have also identified new components in the
immune response.  Individuals with training in molecular biology is
essential and training in Drosophila genetics is desirable.  However,
overall enthusiasm in studying Drosophila innate immunity will be the
key consideration.

UMass Medical School is a rapidly expanding research institution,
located approximately 35 miles from Boston.  Our program has 15 active
investigators and comprise a very active research environment.
Applicants interested in pursuing above mentioned projects in my
laboratory should contact me directly at

Tony Ip, Ph.D.
Program in Molecular Medicine
UMass Medical School
373 Plantation Street, Rm 109