Bloomington Stock Center End-of-Year Shipping Schedule

Kathy Matthews matthewk at indiana.edu
Tue Oct 16 17:32:53 EST 2001

The following information is posted at http://flystocks.bio.indiana.edu/news.htm

The Bloomington Stock Center no longer ships stocks during the last ~half
of December. The combination of cold weather, the holiday mail crunch, and
departmental holiday closings makes this a poor time for shipping stocks.
Our experience was that a large proportion of stocks mailed during this
period did not reach the recipient alive and had to be reshipped in
January. We now close to the public during this interval and use this time
for once-a-year projects and staff holidays. Please plan ahead and order
any stocks you will need in late December or early January before we close
the order on the last shipment of 2001 (dates and times below). Orders
received after the deadline will not be shipped until January of 2002. If
you work outside the U.S. we strongly encourage you to order stocks no
later than November 30.

Number of Stocks 	Deadline 			Shipment Date

20 or fewer 		12 noon EST December 9 	        December 10, 2001
21 to 80 		3 pm EST November 30 		December 3, 2001
more than 80 		contact us

20 or fewer 		after 12 noon EST December 9 	January 3 or 7, 2002
21 to 80 		after 12 noon EST December 9 	January 7 or 10, 2002
more than 80 		contact us

Kathy Matthews			Bloomington Drosophila Stock Center
Department of Biology           http://flystocks.bio.indiana.edu
Indiana University              812-855-5782 phone
1001 E. 3rd St.                 812-855-2577 fax
Bloomington, IN  47405-3700     MATTHEWK at INDIANA.EDU

---