Oriental melanogaster group species

John True jrtrue at facstaff.wisc.edu
Tue Oct 23 12:14:24 EST 2001

Does anyone have stocks of the following species that they might be
able to send? (Arizona stock center is having problems keeping their
few Oriental mel group species.)

D. takahashii subgroup species esp. prostipennis, pseudotakahashii
D. mimetica
D. lucipennis
D. suzukii
D. pulchrella
D. rajasekari (biarmipes) (recently collected)
D. fuyamae (recently collected)
D. elegans (recently collected)
D. ficusphila
D. tristipennis
D. kurseongensis
D. neoelegans
D. gunungcola
D. eugracilis (recently collected)

We anticipate a major new research effort in the evolutionary biology
of these species and we would welcome opportunities for collaboration
with laboratories already working on them.

Please reply to me at: jrtrue at life.bio.sunysb.edu

Thanks in advance.
John True
Dept. of Ecology and Evolution