S2 transfections

Leif Søndergaard lsunicph at biobase.dk
Thu Sep 20 08:16:17 EST 2001

Dear Louisa,
Do not use calcium phosphate! In our hands it has always given variable and
bad results. We have had great success with Lipofectin from Life
Technologies (just follow the manual). You could also try DOTAP from Roche
(Boehringer).
But also other lipid based agents works, however not all (see my old paper
in  In Vitro Cell. Dev. Biol.-Animal 32:386 (1996).

Sincerely, Leif Sondergaard