FWD: Drosophila plague

Chris Jones 6kuritaro at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 27 08:49:53 EST 2002

In article <3D780A36 at webmail.ucis.dal.ca>, voulyano at dal.ca (voulyano)
wrote:

> Does anyone have any advice about how to cure flies of the plague
> (the cultures are strong until they pupate at which point the pupae
> turn black). The disease appears to be viral and spreads rapidly in
> our incubators.

Sounds like something that was rampaging through stocks at Cold Spring
Harbor in the mid-90's; try emailing Jerry Yin there (probably
yin at cshl.org, but I'm not certain), as I seem to recall one of his
post-docs came up with a way to mitigate it. Good luck.

Chris Jones

--
To reply by email, please remove the initial digit from my address.
Make the world a better place: shoot a spammer today!