Postdoc position(s) in Chicago

Dave Featherstone def at uic.edu
Tue Dec 3 09:48:25 EST 2002

I'm looking for postdocs interested in studying the early stages of
Drosophila postsynaptic development (induction and regulation of NMJ
glutamate receptor clusters during late embryogenesis-early L1).
Candidates should have extensive experience with Drosophila genetics &
molecular biology -or- patch-clamp electrophysiology.   These
techniques, in combination with immunocytochemistry (we also have our
own laser-scanning confocal in the lab), are most of the arsenal we use
to identify new genes and mechanisms required for receptor induction
and clustering.   The position(s) are funded by a pending (starting
spring 2003) NIH grant.

The lab is brand-new (started just this past September), at the
University of Illinois at Chicago, so everything is brand new and all
the best projects are still available!

Read more here:

http://www.uic.edu (University web page)
http://tigger.uic.edu/~def/ (Lab web page; still under development but