deficiency lines for the second chromosome

Benjamin Altenhein balt at mail.uni-mainz.de
Fri Dec 13 08:56:21 EST 2002

Dear colleagues,

we are searching for some deficiency lines for the second chromosome. It

would be very kind, if you could help and send us flies if you have
them. The deficiency kit from Bloomington has some gaps and the
following lines (abbreviations as mentioned in FlyBase) would fill these

gaps:

Df(2L)ast1
Df(2L)dpp-H34
Df(2L)dpp-H43
Df(2L)dpp-H53
Tp(2;4)dpp[s28]*
Tp(2;3)odd[5.1]*
Df(2L)b85f2
Tp(2;2)Mg10*
Dp(2;2)AZ
Tp(2;3)6r35*
Tp(2;Y)jl29*

and finally for these regions:

048C06-08; 048E
052F10-053A1; 053E
053F11; 054B17-C04

any deficiencies available???

Every fly stock or any information where we could get them would be a
great help for us! Please let us know, if you can help! The address is:

Dr. Benjamin Altenhein
Institute of Genetics
University of Mainz
Becherweg 32
D-55099 Mainz, Germany

e-mail: balt at mail.uni-main.de

Thank you very much for your help. We wish you a merry X-mas and a happy

new year,

sincerely yours

Institute of Genetics of the University of Mainz

---