Gal4 System

Litjens, R.H.G.M. R.H.G.M.Litjens at plant.wag-ur.nl
Fri Feb 15 17:01:48 EST 2002

Dear Fly-people,

I am working on a project to study the olfactory receptors in silkmoth
antennae. For this I would like to use the GAL4/UAS system that is
successfully being used in flies. Does anybody know where I can get the Gal4
and UAS vectors (pGaTB and pP[UAST]) + the sequence information of these
vectors? Maybe somebody can help me with UAS-lacZ or UAS-GFP reporter
vectors.
Or does anybody has these vectors (maybe even with fly-promoters yielding
olfactory receptor neurons (ORN) specific expression) and is willing to
share.
I would greatly appreciate any help, since I am unable to find, where to get
this system.

Thanks in advance,

Ralph Litjens (mailto:R.H.G.M.Litjens at plant.wag-ur.nl)

Plant Research International B.V.
Wageningen University and Research Centre (WageningenUR)
postal address: P.O.Box 16, NL-6700 AA Wageningen
street address: Droevendaalsesteeg 1, NL-6708 PB Wageningen
The Netherlands
internet: www.plant.wageningen-ur.nl