Post Doctoral position in Granada (Spain)

José Casal 'Lince' jec1 at
Thu Jul 4 11:03:25 EST 2002

Dear colleague,

I have a position in my laboratory for a postdoctoral fellow. I would
much appreciate if you could bring this to the attention of any possible

Applicants are invited for a postdoctoral position to work on the
of germline stem cells in the Drosophila ovary. The project will involve

'fly pushing', molecular biological techniques and general
immunocytochemistry. Experience in Drosophila genetics would be
particularly welcome but other well qualified applicants should also

The position is available from October 1st 2002 and is funded for 1
Should the candidate succeed in raising their own funding, the
can be extended for further years.

The host institute belongs to the Spanish Research Council, and at the
moment houses two laboratories working on developmental genetics of
Drosophila. Granada is a small city in Southern Spain, with beautiful
surroundings (a ski resort is less than 20 miles away from the city, and

the beach is at some 45 min drive), and offers perhaps some of the best
tapas bars in Spain. Malaga international airport is 1 1/4 hours drive
Granada, and has very frequent flights to main UK destinations.

Applicantions including a CV and the names and addresses of two
should be sent as soon as possible to:

Dr Acaimo Gonzalez-Reyes
Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina-CSIC
c/ Ventanilla, 11
18001 Granada

agr at
+34 958 805194

Thank you very much for your assistance,