Post-doc position available in Nice,France

Yves Bobinnec bobinnec at obs-vlfr.fr
Wed Jul 10 12:13:40 EST 2002

Dear all,

We have a post-doc position available to start in autumn 2002.

The salary is 1830 euros a month, health insurance included, for one year,
with a possible extension for 6 months.

The group is working on mitosis in Drosophila. We use the "protein trap"
system to generate random GFP transgenic lines. We select and study in
details genes for which the corresponding GFP-tagged protein suggests a
mitotic function. The candidate will have to generate new lines and
characterize new mitotic proteins. The system is already set up here. Check
our website below to learn more about our achievements.

The lab is located in Villefranche-sur-mer, a few miles from Nice, with
beautiful surroundings, in front of the mediteranean sea. There is 5 people
in the group, 3 of them (including 2 post-docs) working full time on the
protein trap project.

The candidate should be from one of the following country:
Australia, Canada, Corea, USA, Hungaria, Japan, Mexico, New zealand,
Norway, Poland, Czech republic, Slovaquia, Switzerland, Turquey, South
africa, Brazil, Argentina, Chili, China, Israel, India, Roumania, Russia.
The candidate should not be already working in France and less than 35
years old.

Please reply to this address.

Thanks to everybody fortransmitting this announcement,

Yves Bobinnec and Alain Debec

Yves Bobinnec, PhD.
Biologie du Développement
UMR 7009 CNRS / Université Pierre et Marie Curie
Observatoire Océanologique
06 230 Villefranche sur Mer
France
Tel: 33 4 93 76 37 85