P element transpositision distance/frequency

mitch dushay mitch.dushay at sh.se
Sat Jul 13 17:30:45 EST 2002

Dear Fly Community members,
    We're trying to hit a small gene with an enhancer trap P element, and
it would be useful to know more about the frequency of P transpositions to
different distances.  We've studied the Zhang and Spradling, and Tower et
al. papers from 1993, and we wonder if anyone has more data on what
percentage of P transpositions remain on the same chromosome arm, and what
percent are withiin 150, 100, 50 ... 2 Kb, etc. from dysgenic males or
females.
   We would be grateful for any additional data on this issue.  I'll be
happy to discuss our specific details by private email - I hate to waste
public bandwidth.  Thanks!
Mitch

Mitchell Dushay
Avdelningen för naturvetenskap
   Section för insekt och medfödd immunitet
Södertörns högskola                                       phone  46 8 608 47 43
141 89 Huddinge   Sweden                                 FAX:  46 8 608 45 10

---