Technician position - Chicago

Dave Featherstone featherstone at biology.utah.edu
Tue Jun 18 17:41:47 EST 2002

Position available: One full-time laboratory technician, starting
September 1, 2002 or after.

Pay: Depends on experience.  Probably $25,000-30,000/year (+benefits).

If hired, you will have the opportunity to work in a newly-renovated
large laboratory space shared by two research groups (Drosophila
synapse development & C. elegans synapse function) within the
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago
(downtown Chicago, easily accessible via bus, train, etc).

Your primary duties will include (depending on education and
experience): Drosophila stock supervision, fly genetics, and
molecular biology.  Applicants should have experience in one or more
of these areas.  Highly motivated and experienced individuals will
have opportunities to lead research projects and author papers.  I
recognize that some talented individuals may be considering a career
within a biotech company or getting a graduate degree.  That's great;
I'm happy to help individuals meet any long-term career goals that
are compatible with a productive (1 year +) stint in my lab. Of
course, I'm also very interested in people who would love nothing
more than to work in my lab forever.

Applicants should send (email is best) a copy of their C.V. and the
names of at least two references to:

Dave Featherstone
University of Utah
Department of Biology