Research Positions Available

Tony Ip Tony.Ip at umassmed.edu
Tue Jun 18 17:42:03 EST 2002

I am seeking research associates primarily at the postdoctoral level.
Application at more junior or senior levels is also accepted if the
applicant has extensive experience in molecular genetics.  My laboratory
uses Drosophila to study the mechanism of immune response.  We are
focusing on pathways that utilize Toll, NF-kB, and MAP kinases.  Our
genetic and microarray analysis have also identified new components in
the system.  Gene knockout, biochemical, and molecular analyses of these
immune components are underway.  Individuals with training in Drosophila
genetics or with enthusiasm in Drosophila innate immunity are encouraged
to apply.  UMass Medical School is located 35 miles from Boston and is a
fast growing institution with strong emphasis on research.  Out program
has 15 laboratories, constituting a very active research environment.
Interested applicants should contact:

Tony Ip, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Program in Molecular Medicine