Postdoctoral position in fly neurobiology

Li, Hong-Sheng Hong-Sheng.Li at umassmed.edu
Fri Jun 28 16:42:54 EST 2002

A postdoctoral position in the fly neurobiology is available to worldwide
applicants.

We have been using both forward and reverse genetics to study
neurophysiological problems in the fly.  In the forward direction, we are
screening and analyzing mutant genes regulating the membrane excitation in
the photoreceptor neurons.  In the reverse direction, we are going to delete
the fly homologs of several human neurodegeneration disease genes, and
create fly models for those diseases.

Applicants should have strong experience in genetics, molecular biology or
cell biology.  Please contact Hong-Sheng.Li at umassmed.edu for application or
for more information.

Hong-Sheng Li, Ph.D.
Dept. of Neurobiology