Looking for B[S]-marked attached-XY

Kevin Cook kcook at bio.indiana.edu
Fri May 17 10:28:32 EST 2002

Dear Chromosome Mechanics---

I am looking for an attached-XY chromosome of the form XYS.YL with an
intact B[S] appended to YL.  Such a chromosome would probably be the
Ts(XLt;YLt) from a translocation between a normal X and Dp(1;Y)B[S]Yy[+] or
Dp(1;Y)B[S]----in other words, it would have an X heterochromatin break and
a break distal to the male fertility factors on YS.  The perfect chromosome
would have its X heterochromatin break proximal to bb, but I'll take what I
can get.

If you have these flies, I'd love to get a sample.  The only good
B[S]-marked X^Y I've located has the Bithorax complex inserted at the base
of the X.  It may work for my purposes, but I'd like to find something simpler.

Many thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Cook, Ph.D.               Bloomington Drosophila Stock Center
Department of Biology           http://flystocks.bio.indiana.edu
Jordan Hall 142
Indiana University              812-855-5782
1001 E. Third St.               812-855-2577 (fax)
Bloomington, IN  47405-3700     kcook at bio.indiana.edu

---