Bloomington Stock Center End-of-Year Shipping Schedule

Kathy Matthews matthewk at indiana.edu
Sat Nov 16 19:43:16 EST 2002

The Bloomington Stock Center no longer ships stocks during the last
approximately-half of December. The combination of cold weather, the
holiday mail crunch, and departmental holiday closings makes this a
poor time for shipping stocks. Our experience was that a large
proportion of stocks mailed during this period did not reach the
recipient alive and had to be reshipped in January. We now close to
the public during this interval and use this time for once-a-year
projects and staff holidays. Please plan ahead and order any stocks
you will need in late December or early January before we close the
order on the last shipment of 2002 (dates and times below). Orders
received after the deadline will not be shipped until January of
2003. If you work outside the U.S. we strongly encourage you to order
stocks no later than December 1.

Orders of 20 stocks or fewer received by 12 noon EST on December 11
will be included in the December 12th shipment.

Orders of 20-100 stocks must be placed by 3 pm EST on December 1 to
guarantee shipment during 2002. Requests for larger numbers of stocks
may be delayed until 2003.

Orders received after the deadlines will be shipped in January of 2003.

Kathy Matthews			Bloomington Drosophila Stock Center
Department of Biology           http://flystocks.bio.indiana.edu
Indiana University              812-855-5782 phone
1001 E. 3rd St.                 812-855-2577 fax
Bloomington, IN  47405-3700     MATTHEWK at INDIANA.EDU

---